Thanks for dropping by............

Hi Insurance Agents,

Welcome to my Blog. I'm excited to be offering tips and ideas that have helped me through the years selling insurance. Here you will find articles, strategies and recommendations on increasing your productivity in the insurance industry.



In the eight years I have worked in the Insurance industry, I have been fortunate to work with many top producers that have shared successful ideas from which I have been able to form some practical strategies.



The tips that I will offer here will keep you increasing productivity and income.



Please check back weekly, as I will be adding articles and tips to increase your bottom line.

Cheers,

Ethan Selph


Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Need temporary help in a specific field?

I can't tell you how many times I have been backed up with customer service or needed some help with technology issues. If I didn't get someone quick to help my business would suffer. Part of the reason that I moved into an office was because I was using the temp agency a lot and if felt a little weird having an employee come to my home.

Temporary agencies can help you keep your business running without interruption. For example, Just last week I had a big project that I was working on which included updating a lot of clients' contact information. It was a day project and to hire someone to do a day job would have been a waste of time. I needed someone good at excel and that could type super fast. I called the temp agency and they had someone for me in about an hour. I trained my temp for about 15 minutes and then went back to selling.

Another time I was having a difficult time understanding some social media capabilities so I told my temp agency to have someone out here tomorrow to help me out. I spent 4 hours with another person, signed some paperwork to have him paid and then I was back to selling!

Temp agencies can cost a little more per hour but the people are usually specialized so much that their effeciencies are much better than if you did it on your own. A good rule of thumb is to always know what you are worth per hour and any task that is below your hourly wage should be delegated.