Thanks for dropping by............

Hi Insurance Agents,

Welcome to my Blog. I'm excited to be offering tips and ideas that have helped me through the years selling insurance. Here you will find articles, strategies and recommendations on increasing your productivity in the insurance industry.



In the eight years I have worked in the Insurance industry, I have been fortunate to work with many top producers that have shared successful ideas from which I have been able to form some practical strategies.



The tips that I will offer here will keep you increasing productivity and income.



Please check back weekly, as I will be adding articles and tips to increase your bottom line.

Cheers,

Ethan Selph


Monday, September 13, 2010

Stellar Aged Leads

Hi Ethan,

I found your blog and recorded webinar when I was researching stellar prospects. I am a bit leery of stellar prospects because I cannot find anything about them, good or bad on Google, the insurance forums or even the BBB. Also the emails I get from them are from a name at a totally different insurance company. I am worried about their legitimacy. But then again they are connected with MOJO which makes me feel a bit better. Since you don’t buy leads how are you connected with them? Is this where you got the original 5000 leads?

Answer: Dear Abby,

I don't know very much about Stellar Prospects. I met the owner at a Norvax convention last year and we joined up to do a training webinar. The owner was very nice to me and there was a lot of people on the call. He doesn't appear to be a person that I wouldn't trust. Since the webinar that I did with him there has been no communication. I really don't do those types of webinars anymore for Stellar or anyone. They end up eating away at my time and I never get compensated more than selling insurance policies.



I want to buy aged leads. I use another source but these prices are good for life. If I buy leads, how do I get them into my account (I use Aliss). Then how would I get them to MOJO and use them with a dialer and my own crm? Do I have to load them manually to Aliss and then again into MOJO? Then do I use the auto dialer, and when I get an answer, hurry up and search in Aliss for the client? I need to have the leads in Aliss since that is my quoter.

Answer: I wouldn't switch your clients from Aliss to Mojo simply because MOJO is an autodialer and not a quoting software. With Aliss there should be a function that allows you to export contacts into a .csv file and you can easily import them into MOJO. I like to "toggle" between MOJO and my quoting software by holding down "alt" and "tab" at the same time. I wish there was one program that would do "everything" for you but it is still in development with me for a while. I will let you know when it comes out.



Lastly, how early is too early to make calls. I am in the est time zone. I work numerous states but mornings are good now that the kids are back in school. I have always started no earlier than 10 a.m. because I don’t want to annoy people. How early is too early? And how early are people in the mood to buy? Thank you for your time and answers. Sincerely, Abby


Answer: I think 8am in a prospects' time zone is the perfect time to call. In addition to that, I would call at noon and 6pm. More than 3 times a day can get pretty annoying but you have to be aggressive with these people otherwise they will go somewhere else. Do yourself a favor and don't leave a message. You will get a better response from people calling you back if you don't leave a message.