Thanks for dropping by............

Hi Insurance Agents,

Welcome to my Blog. I'm excited to be offering tips and ideas that have helped me through the years selling insurance. Here you will find articles, strategies and recommendations on increasing your productivity in the insurance industry.



In the eight years I have worked in the Insurance industry, I have been fortunate to work with many top producers that have shared successful ideas from which I have been able to form some practical strategies.



The tips that I will offer here will keep you increasing productivity and income.



Please check back weekly, as I will be adding articles and tips to increase your bottom line.

Cheers,

Ethan Selph


Saturday, September 11, 2010

Do you have two Vonage accounts because you sell in two states?

I have 4 phone numbers and one toll free number for my clients. I started with Skype with 4 phone numbers and I got out smarted by their fees in making as many calls as I do that it started costing my more money than having a two Vonage accounts.

My accounts through Vonage have one "real" phone line and one "virtual" number. The reason that I have had so many phone numbers is because if I was trying to get in touch with clients that I felt were avoiding me I would call from different area codes. It has always been worth paying a little bit more in a phone bill because of the people I am finally able to talk with.

I started my phone lines with Skype but I have been much more happy with Vonage with the call quality. I was able to bring down my internet speed from a 10 Megabyte high speed fiber optic line to regular DSL from Qwest when I switched from Skype to Vonage. I think I am saving about $60 a month because of that.