Thanks for dropping by............

Hi Insurance Agents,

Welcome to my Blog. I'm excited to be offering tips and ideas that have helped me through the years selling insurance. Here you will find articles, strategies and recommendations on increasing your productivity in the insurance industry.



In the eight years I have worked in the Insurance industry, I have been fortunate to work with many top producers that have shared successful ideas from which I have been able to form some practical strategies.



The tips that I will offer here will keep you increasing productivity and income.



Please check back weekly, as I will be adding articles and tips to increase your bottom line.

Cheers,

Ethan Selph


Monday, September 13, 2010

How do I pick a good lead vendor?

Thanks for your response Ethan! Just to let you know I have been using the mojo dialer for a few months and its great. I wish there was just one program for everything but that's wishful thinking! My problem now is finding a good lead vendor. I started out with insuranceleads.com and it was okay and then for about a month everything started unraveling (i.e., my contact ration went from about 40% to 20%, a lot of incentive leads, people who never requested information, etc.) I have also used netquote and a couple of others and I have found that with shared leads price doesn't mean better quality. This is a journey I guess.

Esteban

Answer: I built up my leads database with Netquotes. You can get hosed pretty bad with them too. I would suggest before trying any lead vendor to go to their site and put your information in there with your phone number and see how many agents contact you. If you mess around with zip codes that a lead vendor might use you might find that you are only sharing with one other agent instead of 10. Also pay attention to how quickly agents call you so that you can determine if you are competing against a call center or a good ole' agent. I prefer competing against agents because they don't have a predictive dialer half the time. I would also work with MOJO to have your leads directly imported into their system. They can show you how to do this.


Ethan