Thanks for dropping by............

Hi Insurance Agents,

Welcome to my Blog. I'm excited to be offering tips and ideas that have helped me through the years selling insurance. Here you will find articles, strategies and recommendations on increasing your productivity in the insurance industry.



In the eight years I have worked in the Insurance industry, I have been fortunate to work with many top producers that have shared successful ideas from which I have been able to form some practical strategies.



The tips that I will offer here will keep you increasing productivity and income.



Please check back weekly, as I will be adding articles and tips to increase your bottom line.

Cheers,

Ethan Selph


Monday, September 13, 2010

Where do I get more General Agent help?

Ethan,

Love your webinars. I listened to a couple of them. They've been very helpful. Your info was sent to me by Sue from Indiana who has been communicating w/you as of late. Both she & I got in to this business through the Pajama Man (PJM). We both have become somewhat discouraged. I am in the same situation as she's in. I'm running dry in funds and have been hesitant to jump in buy leads & take calls. I feel I need to put resumes out & get a night job until I get up & rolling in this business, but then I feel I won't have the time to do this business diligently. Catch 22, huh?

I'm really emailing to ask if you think I should leave my general agent who's of little value to me to go with AIO. They seem to help you get off the ground running. I've been speaking with a Gary Blanche from AIO who has been trying to recruit me. I'd have to transfer my carrier appointments to AIO. I feel that listening to live calls & their coaching (if they are being truthful) will help me get adjusted.

Are you still with AIO?

Thanks,
William

Dear William,

I am sorry to find out that you are having a hard time in the industry. I know what it is like to be recruited and not helped. It has happened to me several times. I guess you could say I am loyal to my family and not as much to organizations. I do use American Insurance Organization for my insurance products. I don't use them for all insurance carriers because they can't appoint me with all carriers.

I don't know Gary Blanche very well but I do know that he has received numerous awards for recruiting. I was in the Bahamas 2 weeks ago where he received an award for the best "recruiter" of 2009. That being said..........I cannot assure you that he is going to take better care of you than your last recruiter simply because I don't know much about you or your work ethic. The organization of AIO is a good solid one but I am sure that there are a lot of people complaining of not getting enough help from their sponsors. I have had agents that I have spent a lot of time working and training in the past that have said that I don't help them enough and I was spending 10-15 hours a week coaching them.

When I recommend a product, service, or person I have always used them. I never make a recommendation without trying it out for myself. That is why I can't tell you whether Gary Blanche is going to turn your business around for you. I hope this helps!