Thanks for dropping by............

Hi Insurance Agents,

Welcome to my Blog. I'm excited to be offering tips and ideas that have helped me through the years selling insurance. Here you will find articles, strategies and recommendations on increasing your productivity in the insurance industry.



In the eight years I have worked in the Insurance industry, I have been fortunate to work with many top producers that have shared successful ideas from which I have been able to form some practical strategies.



The tips that I will offer here will keep you increasing productivity and income.



Please check back weekly, as I will be adding articles and tips to increase your bottom line.

Cheers,

Ethan Selph


Monday, February 22, 2010

Getting beat on shared internet leads?

About a year ago I started having issues with some of the lead vendors that I work with. Every time I called a lead the phone number was busy, went to voice mail, or they had already spoken to someone. I went to a seminar with Norvax University and met some people that run big call centers that were sharing some of the same lead vendors that I was using. They started telling me about predictive dialing systems and how quickly their leads are called. Most of the call centers call new leads in less than 1 minute after receiving the lead.

I came back from my Norvax University training and was determined to beat the big call center in calling leads. Since I am a mom and pop insurance agency I had to think out of the box to come up with some ideas to compete against a big organization. I tried hiring a call center and that got pretty expensive and they were still not calling leads fast enough. I searched on the internet and found www.leadpod.net. These guys are a call center that specializes in calling leads quickly and then they do a live transfer. It worked great! The leads went right into their system through email and in less than one minute I had a live person qualifying my prospect over the phone. If they wanted to talk to an insurance agent they would transfer the call over to me at $10 a transfer. The only time I was charged anything was when Leadpod transferred over someone that was truly interested in buying health insurance.

Recently they changed part of their system which will allow you to call leads along side of Leadpod and if you get in touch with them before Leadpod does it can be purged out of the system for a nominal fee.

Leadpod is an exceptional tool for a small health insurance agency or agent. Ask for Henry there and he will get you set up.