Thanks for dropping by............

Hi Insurance Agents,

Welcome to my Blog. I'm excited to be offering tips and ideas that have helped me through the years selling insurance. Here you will find articles, strategies and recommendations on increasing your productivity in the insurance industry.



In the eight years I have worked in the Insurance industry, I have been fortunate to work with many top producers that have shared successful ideas from which I have been able to form some practical strategies.



The tips that I will offer here will keep you increasing productivity and income.



Please check back weekly, as I will be adding articles and tips to increase your bottom line.

Cheers,

Ethan Selph


Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What should your conversion rate be?

Total Revenue
I found out that my conversion rate is about 5% over a year period of time. There are insurance agents that get discouraged because they are not closing 20% or more of clients. This chart shows the potential revenue from over 5000 leads with a close ratio of 10% at a 20% commission level with an average of $1000 made on each annual commission. The most important thing to remember is to keep above 5% conversion rate. Keep contacting clients and those not interested once a year and you should never have to buy another lead again. The magic number is 5000 leads in your database.