Thanks for dropping by............

Hi Insurance Agents,

Welcome to my Blog. I'm excited to be offering tips and ideas that have helped me through the years selling insurance. Here you will find articles, strategies and recommendations on increasing your productivity in the insurance industry.



In the eight years I have worked in the Insurance industry, I have been fortunate to work with many top producers that have shared successful ideas from which I have been able to form some practical strategies.



The tips that I will offer here will keep you increasing productivity and income.



Please check back weekly, as I will be adding articles and tips to increase your bottom line.

Cheers,

Ethan Selph


Wednesday, March 3, 2010

This should be your game plan from 10 months on

Call clients to review policy at 10th-11th month mark to prepare them for the renewal appointment. This will allow you to:

Get referrals
Help them shop for a better plan
Upgrade/Downgrade plan
Add on ancillaries


When making important decisions on your business it is important to figure out your closing ratio. You cannot calculate a closing ratio for 30 days because sometimes it can take months for someone to finally apply and get approved for coverage. Your closing ratio is performed by how many leads you received in 12 months/how many people are on the books. I am at a 4% closing ratio so don't get discouraged if you're not batting 50%.

Also contact "Not interested" every 11 months.
Everyone else that didn’t go with you last year is fair game to sell this year. This is a perfect time to contact them because they went with someone else but just had a rate increase and their agent hasn't called them yet.


If you don't have time to do these things then you need to cut back on other tasks in your business or hire someone to do this. When I mean cutting back on other tasks that could also mean stop buying leads altogether like I have done.