Thanks for dropping by............

Hi Insurance Agents,

Welcome to my Blog. I'm excited to be offering tips and ideas that have helped me through the years selling insurance. Here you will find articles, strategies and recommendations on increasing your productivity in the insurance industry.



In the eight years I have worked in the Insurance industry, I have been fortunate to work with many top producers that have shared successful ideas from which I have been able to form some practical strategies.



The tips that I will offer here will keep you increasing productivity and income.



Please check back weekly, as I will be adding articles and tips to increase your bottom line.

Cheers,

Ethan Selph


Monday, March 8, 2010

How much should I spend on leads?

Roadmap 2

The following chart shows how many leads you need to purchase a day to get to the 5000 leads milestone. Once you have 5000 leads in your database, and are converting at least 5% of leads, you have enough revenue and prospects to stop buying leads. I believe that you shouldn't invest anything that you can't afford to lose and that is also true with buying leads.

I feel that if you are not talking and emailing all of your current clients every 6 months because you are "too busy" with other projects then you should probably quit buying leads at that point. Last year I spent over $52,000 on leads and then I realized that I wasn't in a situation where I was getting as many referrals as I could have and renewal sales. I stopped buying leads altogether and focused more on support and "checking in" on clients and my sales never dropped. Getting rid of lead costs is the most exciting part of this business! Now you virtually have no cost to sell health insurance. It was a grand day when I gave myself a $52,000 raise. You decide when you should get rid of lead cost buy there is no reason that you should have to buy leads after 5000 leads.