Thanks for dropping by............

Hi Insurance Agents,

Welcome to my Blog. I'm excited to be offering tips and ideas that have helped me through the years selling insurance. Here you will find articles, strategies and recommendations on increasing your productivity in the insurance industry.



In the eight years I have worked in the Insurance industry, I have been fortunate to work with many top producers that have shared successful ideas from which I have been able to form some practical strategies.



The tips that I will offer here will keep you increasing productivity and income.



Please check back weekly, as I will be adding articles and tips to increase your bottom line.

Cheers,

Ethan Selph


Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Using Quickbooks for your health insurance business

Can I just tell you how much I have enjoyed using the new Premier Quickbooks for my health insurance business?!  With one click I can see income expense trends, previous income comparisons, collection accounts, advances owed, highest paying customers, renewals, and expense breakdowns on one page.  I am slowly working this into my CRM.  It even has a auto responder through Intuit that you can use!


It synchronizes automatically from Outlook with all of the contacts and allows you to see the entire payment history of each client.  In the past if there was a billing issues I would have to research the problem with the client, call the Insurance company, and then call the client back again.  I am so glad that I can get off the phone with these insurance companies and be able to provide better customer service the way a business should be.

The Quickbook Premier is $349 for a 3 year license and you don't have to worry about monthly fees with quickbooks.  The only drawback is that it is a program that you install on your computer but they do have an online quickbooks that you can access anywhere.  I think that one is about $20-$30 a month.  We have used it about 4 years ago and never had a problem.  The premier definately has more features though.  I am putting my budgeting and forecasting stuff together as well as my business plan into Quickbooks Premier now.