Thanks for dropping by............

Hi Insurance Agents,

Welcome to my Blog. I'm excited to be offering tips and ideas that have helped me through the years selling insurance. Here you will find articles, strategies and recommendations on increasing your productivity in the insurance industry.



In the eight years I have worked in the Insurance industry, I have been fortunate to work with many top producers that have shared successful ideas from which I have been able to form some practical strategies.



The tips that I will offer here will keep you increasing productivity and income.



Please check back weekly, as I will be adding articles and tips to increase your bottom line.

Cheers,

Ethan Selph


Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Limited Medical Plans

I particularily don't like limited medical plans but Teamcorp seems to be above average.  Since AIM Health Plans has had so many problems this is the next best option instead of a risk pool plan.  Their benefits are, I believe, twice as good as AIMS' but the whole lack of HIPAA compliancy issue is a little hard to sell for Teamcorp.  I am selling this as a short term plan and then I work like the dickens to get a copy of their medical records from the client and try and sort out a bunch of their pre-existing conditions.  It definately seems that doctors and facilities are exaggerating the health issues now adays.

You can also have the client go to http://www.mib.com/ to get a copy of their consumer report from the Medical Information Bureau.  I always tell my clients that they have every right to see what their doctors' opinion is of them. 

You can get around a 25% commission with Teamcorp and I truly believe it is better than not having any type of coverage.