Thanks for dropping by............

Hi Insurance Agents,

Welcome to my Blog. I'm excited to be offering tips and ideas that have helped me through the years selling insurance. Here you will find articles, strategies and recommendations on increasing your productivity in the insurance industry.



In the eight years I have worked in the Insurance industry, I have been fortunate to work with many top producers that have shared successful ideas from which I have been able to form some practical strategies.



The tips that I will offer here will keep you increasing productivity and income.



Please check back weekly, as I will be adding articles and tips to increase your bottom line.

Cheers,

Ethan Selph


Monday, May 10, 2010

How to call "Not Interested" leads or "Aged Leads"

Ethan,

Are you using Mojo as your CRM?

When you call old leads 1 year old + what is the general scripting?

Thank you,

Dave

Dear Dave,

I haven't been using the Mojosells.com product as a CRM because I didn't realize that it is capable of that functionality until a few weeks ago. I fully intend to use that system as my CRM especially since they will have email autoresponders that will be combined with the CRM in July 2010.

Whenever I am calling someone that expressed themselves as "not interested" a year ago I follow a few guidelines that make my call with them a bit more pleasant.

1. I take a deep breath before I start talking to them.
2. I combine 3-4 sentences into one so that there is no way they can tell me "not interested" before I finish my phone introduction because there is no pause.
3. My voice script is as follows...........Hi my name Ethan and I talked to you last year about health insurance and you said that you were interested and I told you that I would follow up with you if I noticed that there were some cheaper plans that have come out and that is why I am calling you. What insurance company do you have? How much do you pay each month? What is your deductible? Etc..........
4. If they aren't interested again I let them know that I will call them back about a year from now when they get their rate increase and if they get a rate increase before the next 12 months are up to call back on the phone number that shows on their caller id.