Thanks for dropping by............

Hi Insurance Agents,

Welcome to my Blog. I'm excited to be offering tips and ideas that have helped me through the years selling insurance. Here you will find articles, strategies and recommendations on increasing your productivity in the insurance industry.



In the eight years I have worked in the Insurance industry, I have been fortunate to work with many top producers that have shared successful ideas from which I have been able to form some practical strategies.



The tips that I will offer here will keep you increasing productivity and income.



Please check back weekly, as I will be adding articles and tips to increase your bottom line.

Cheers,

Ethan Selph


Thursday, May 27, 2010

The battle between Mojo and Norvax for a CRM

Hi Ethan!

I have just listened to your recorded webinar from Stellar Prospects – thank you so much for all of your insight!
I have been using the Mojo Dialer for a few months, and I also use Norvax Autoresponders, and I have been really happy with both programs. I am just wondering how you set up your Call Results – and then send those prospects to lists. You mentioned that when you are working your NOT INTERESTED list and you tell someone you are going to call them at renewal, I am assuming you put them in a list to dial in December (for example). Then a list populates for renewals that come up in December. There aren’t enough Call Results, so I was just wondering if you could give me some insight on how you organize it.

Dear Krysten, 

  If you haven't seen my video on how I have set up my autoresponders through Norvax you definately need to watch that.  It is on this blog a few months ago.  That explains how I categorize all of my clients. 

  When someone tells me they aren't interested right now I move them into a folder called "Not Interested June" or whatever month I am in.  That makes it easy to export from my CRM into the MOJO autodialer.  Right now pretty much any list that that I am calling is exported from my CRM like Norvax into the auto dialer.  It can take about 3 minutes a day but it is the easiest way to do things that I can figure out.  I am in the middle of deciding whether I should build my own CRM, using Quickbooks as a CRM, and Mojo as a CRM.  All of them have different capabilities which are great but none of them offer everything that I want. 

  I am working with Quickbooks to have everything integrated with one of the CRMs' so that you can pull up a ton of different reports like forecasting tools etc to help out insurance agents.  So in the meantime I am just like everyone else..........toggling between 3-4 different programs and having my wishlist of features in a CRM which never seems to get fulfilled.

Also, do you really feel confident that the Mojo Dialer autoresponders will be able to replace Norvax? Are they going to have the volume and quality that Norvax provides? 

The one thing that the Norvax autoresponders have is the ability to be able to see who has viewed different proposals.  If you take that away and the quoting engine you have really nothing.  I don't like the fact that you cannot view any history of emails sent to your client on Norvax.  I think that problem with Norvax makes it about a 3 for a CRM.  I have to rely on protection of my incoming and outgoing emails to keep clients in check.  I have discussed this many times with Norvax and they haven't implemented anything yet and it has been a year since my conversations.  You will still have to have an email account like Outlook to be able to receive incoming emails because Mojo is going to do a pop 3 but at least it can send out an email everytime you call someone if you want.  I could really see this paying off on missed appointments and renewals.  You just don't want to go crazy with the settings otherwise people will mark you as a spammer. 

Ideally I would like to have a Quoting engine, Quickbooks, Email account, and flexible CRM into one system however it will probably take me about 1 year to complete it.  I have the CRM part built but the Quickbooks is a tough piece of the puzzle. 

Next week I am going to put up some new charts that I made up on the schedule that hopefully will help you do some forecasting stuff.  If you don't have every insurance account in Quickbooks I believe that you are losing a ton of valuable information.  If you are interested in this please contact me through www.biztartfinancial.com.

As for who is going to be the best autoresponder system this summer I don't know.  I would definately give Mojo a good try if you are on it all of the time.  I know their customer service is really good and it doesn't look like it is going to cost much more but I could be wrong.

Once again, thank you so much for all of your insights! Much appreciated!

Krysten