Thanks for dropping by............

Hi Insurance Agents,

Welcome to my Blog. I'm excited to be offering tips and ideas that have helped me through the years selling insurance. Here you will find articles, strategies and recommendations on increasing your productivity in the insurance industry.



In the eight years I have worked in the Insurance industry, I have been fortunate to work with many top producers that have shared successful ideas from which I have been able to form some practical strategies.



The tips that I will offer here will keep you increasing productivity and income.



Please check back weekly, as I will be adding articles and tips to increase your bottom line.

Cheers,

Ethan Selph


Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What is your closing ratio when selling health insurance?

I really like your information about getting to the 5,000 lead mark into your database as stated in other blog posts.  What percentage of the 5,000 health insurance leads do you have as clients?  I'm assuming those 5,000 are people who have not told you to get lost but would like for you to keep in touch? In other words what are the quality of the 5,000 leads in your data base?


Dear Shane,
  The database that I created took me about 1.5 years to put together.  I have a closing ratio of about 3.5% in selling health insurance.  That is a pretty low ratio but you have to remember I didn't really start doing auto responders or auto dialing until about 11 months ago and I haven't bought any leads since October 2009.  If someone tells me they are not interested in buying health insurance right now I plan on contacting them 11 months from that renewal date.  I always have about 2000 leads in my database that are not interested at a given time.  This low closing ratio should give great hope to those that are aren't closing most of your leads.